If you have an urgent but not life-threatening medical need, make sure you contact NHS 111 first rather than going straight to A&E or a Minor Injury Unit. If you do need urgent care, NHS 111 can now book you an allocated appointment time to be seen quickly and safely in A&E and Minor Injury Units.
If you or your loved one have a life-threatening illness or injury, including any of the following, call 999.
- Heavy blood loss;
- Loss of consciousness;
- Suspected broken bones;
- Persistent chest pain for 15 minutes or more;
- Difficulty breathing;
- Overdose, ingestion or poisoning.
Casualty Department/Urgent Treatment Centre
Medway Maritime Hospital – 24 hours – Windmill Road, Gillingham. ME7 5NY (01634) 830000
Just think 111 first. When you think you need A&E, contact NHS 111 by phone or online.
Minor Injury Units
- Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital – 9am to 9pm – Bell Road, Sittingbourne. ME10 4DT (01795) 418300.
- Sheppey Community Hospital – 8 am to 8 pm – Plover Road, Minster, Sheppey. ME12 3LT (01795) 879100.
- Gravesham Community Hospital – 8 am to 8 pm – Bath Street, Gravesend. DA11 0DG (01474) 360816.